Shoesday Tuesday – Sock Out

In late August and September while everyone is preparing to mourn the loss of summer; I am getting excited about one very specific thing. Knee High Socks and Thigh Highs. A definite staple in my fall/winter wardrobe, my mother even felt the need to explain the presence of Betsey Johnson ankle socks in the Christmas gift bag containing my two requested pairs of knee highs. (As if I’d shun them – I’m wearing them right now!)

A lot of ladies feel like they can’t “pull off” the knee sock/thigh high look. On the contrary. First of all, 75% of pulling off a look is confidence. The other 25% is a combination of knowing your proportions and appropriate styles.

Be it with a mini or skater skirt, shorts, or dress – you can’t just wear any pair of shoes with this look. Fear not – just check below and rock your socks proudly.

Mary Janes.

maryjanes2

Get it: (upper left corner heading clockwise) Patent Leather Tied Mary Janes – $44 debenhams.com, Purple Suede Platform Mary Janes – $375 mytheresa.com, Two Tone Stiletto Mary Jane – $36 asos.com, Thick Cream Heeled Mary Jane – $410 theoutnet.com, Silver Toe Cap Mary Jane – $110 macys.com, Criss Cross Strap Mary Jane – $349 barneys.com, Red Patent Leather Mary Jane – $685 marni.com

Brogues.

brogues

Get it: (top to bottom by column, left to right) Green Trimmed Leopard Brogue – $95 zalando.co.uk, Tri Color Neutral Brogue – $595 net-a-porter.com, Gray Oxford Brogues – $285 theoutnet.com, Tri Color Heeled Brogue – $120 nordstrom.com, White Cut Out Brogue – $335 shopbop.com, Silver Two Piece Brogue – $295 dearfieldbinder.com, Floral Brogue – $29 charlotterusse.com, Glitter Brogue – $940 net-a-porter.com, Two Tone Purple Brogue – $98 splendid.com, Oxford Brogue with Transparent Sides – $36 charlotterusse.com

Flats.

flats

Get it: (left middle side heading clockwise) Gold Toe Cap Pointed Flat – $32 bardot.com, Studded Wrapped Flat – $157 modcloth.com, White and Gold Bow Flat – $79 simplysoles.com, Studded Bow Flat – $41 pret-a-beaute.com, Blue Suede Mary Jane Flat – $33 modcloth.com, Black Patent Leather Penny Loafer – $35 republic.co.uk

This weeks IRL shoe comes to us from the NYC Subway system. Not exactly a sock per say, but this lady’s pairing of gem tone tights and t-strap flats is a look I might need to steal.

irlshoe

<33Mal

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s